Oh y’all. I had plans. We were going to go to the park, we were going to have fun, we were going to pick up a bit.
We were NOT going to get RSV, it was NOT going to rain and tornado, Scout was NOT going to get sick, I was NOT going to feel like I was dying …
Then I thought, you know, I don’t really see that much trash around here, it’s probably pretty clean.
When we went to the store yesterday, I decided to count the pieces of trash I saw between our house, up the street to the park.?Ç¬† It wasn’t much. I could keep track …
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ….. OMWTF trash scattered EVERYWHERE in a bush …
and we were 4 houses from home.
So, as part of my Lent a Day, I *will* get out and take care of some of this trash. At least now I’ve actually opened my eyes and SEEN it, admitting you have a problem is the first step, right?
and for fun, here is a reprint of my post from Blog Action Day:
Top Ten Ways Reducing Trash Will Get Me More Sex
10. Less fast food = less trash = weight loss = sex
9. Less Starbucks = less trash = more money for lingerie (that I?¢‚Ç¨‚Ñ¢ll look good in b/c of #10.) = sex
8. Less time shopping for things we don?¢‚Ç¨‚Ñ¢t really need = less trash = more free time = sex
7. Cloth diapers = no rotting disposables sitting around the house = nice smelling house = makes candles work better for setting mood = sex
6. Fresh fruit = no trash = more energy = sex
5. Less trash = more freedom for Kaiser to play in the other room = sex
4. Less trash to landfills = less landfills = more outdoors = more places to have sex
3. Less packaged food = less trash = better health = longer life = more time for?¢‚Ç¨¬¶ sex
2. Less trash in car = clean car = less time spent cleaning car = more time for sex
1. Less trash Scout has to take out = happy Scout = sex