Got tagged from Modified Mummy, SAHMmy and Sarcastic Mom!
Eight Things I am Passionate About
– keeping Alex healthy
– spending money responsibly
– organic food
– organic cotton (okay, I’m working on it)
– everyone deserves a home
– everyone deserves health care
– everyone deserves to communicate
– I deserve a full night of sleep sometime before I die … ooo slick segue …
Eight Things I Want To Do Before I Die
– full night of sleep
– live in Germany
– find out who my great great great grandparents from Germany were
– see all 50 states
– be debt free
– have a granddaughter
– listen to Alex talk about how his child never sleeps and laugh my ass off
– spend time on a boat with Scout
Eight Things I Say Often
– Alex, NO
– I’m calling the gypsies
– I love you, baby.
– you too, little baby.
– you too, furry baby.
– sorry I didn’t get (fill in the blank of housework) done today.
Eight Books I?¢‚Ç¨‚Ñ¢ve Recently Read
– Harry Potter 7
– The Wonder Weeks
– The No Cry Sleep Solution
(OMG I’m depressing myself with this list)
– All of the Little House books (just before baby was born – I nested with them)
– God Save the Sweet Potato Queens
– Sullivan’s Island
– Shem Creek
Eight Songs That I Could Listen To Over And Over
(according to iTunes)
– Going through the Motions – Buffy the Vampire Slayer
– Ave Maria – Celine Dion
– When you Say Nothing at All – Ronan Keating
– Insensitive – Jann Arden
– Good Mother – Jann Arden
– Take a Picture – Filter
– Song for a Winter’s Night – Sarah MacLachlan
– You Never Even Called Me By My Name – David Allan Coe
Eight Things That Attract Me To My Best Friends
– Lack of drama
– Make me laugh
– Don’t make me cry
– Let me be me
– Understand I hate the phone
– Don’t tell me what to do
Eight Things I Have Learned This Past Year
– Labor hurts, but it’s doable
– I can still stay up all night and all day
– I’m terrified of something bad happening to Alex
– I can make new friends
– I can cook
– I can (slowly) get routines to keep a house
– I really like not having to go to work every day
– It’s really hard to never get to be “off work”
I’m tagging whoever is looking for NaBloMe fodder.
I like this! I like you.
I like you too. You like to say Fuck. And you like Little House. I asked for (and got) the ‘early books’ series one year for Christmas. I re-read them every couple of years.
Great list! 😀
Ahh… “You never even called me by my name” … I couldn’t possibly count how many times I’ve done the singalong thing on this one (in country/western bars.)
Little House books? I still have all my childhood hardbacks.
I love that song by Sarah Mclachlan.
I think everyone deserves healthcare too.
I read the No cry sleep solution…and tried it for a month and finally put it away. It was not the right book for my girl. Good luck.
ARCI Your write it; I read it!
My eight books would include the phone book.
I love your lists…
I am so there on laughing at the pain of our kids when we have kids. But my parents are not allowed to do this.
“Understand I hate the phone” I AM THE SAME WAY.
The last 2 things… same here. I think I enjoy not having “a boss.” WAIT. Braden is my boss. DAMNIT.
Your songs? I’ve never heard (or heard of) any of them. That fascinates me.
Fantastic lists; thanks for playing! I love your last two items too–perfect summary of SAHMdom!
I hate the phone too. And I’m German, to boot! HA!
I didn’t get that last 8 things on my 8 things meme…strange!