I figure when I get tagged twice, I gotta do it.
1. I have the coolest Secret Blogger Santa ever. Go say hello to her. Now… I’ll wait.
2. While I go insane at the whole “politically correct” arena, I think people who use the word “retarded” and don’t know the actual common criteria of diagnosis of it must be a little … well ya know, themselves.
3. I also think people who use the word “gay” to describe something negative must be a little … well, see #2.
4. I have a birthmark on my hip that looks like a paw print.
5. Reading white type on a dark background effs up my eyes. It kinda hurts actually. (Just did this and I still see big optical illusion bars across my screen.)
6. Misspellings drive me insane.
7. I have a Restoration Hardware addiction. From where I sit, I can see slippers, robe, down blanket and bath towel set from there.
I tag no one. This was your free meme from me. 🙂
I was tagged for this Hoopla by Leendaluu, as dictated by the sacred vows we have sworn to its creatress, Andrea. So if you choose to carry on your duty here, you shall not refer to it as a m*m* but only as hoopla. Carry on. The rules (that sounds harsh for hoopla); rather the recommendations:
- List 12 random things about yourself that have to do with Christmas.
- Please refer to it as a ‘hoopla’ and not the dreaded ‘m’-word.
- You have to specifically tag people when you’re done. None of this “if you’re reading this, consider yourself tagged” stuff is allowed…then nobody ends up actually doing it. The number of people who you tag is really up to you — but the more, the merrier to get this ‘hoopla’ circulating through the blogosphere.
- Please try and do it as quickly as possible. The Christmas season will be over before we know it and I’d like to get as many people involved as possible.
- If you want to — please give me, Andrea, some link-love as the ‘Hoopla-Creator’.
Here I go.
1. I *refuse* to haul my @$$ all over hells half acre to see everyone at Christmas. I did enough of this from the time I was 6 to the time I was old enough to say ENOUGH. I will not do it now.
2. I put all 4 grandparents on a rotating list, they get us every 5 years. (We get a year at home alone too.) Upon death we get their year. I’m a Scrooge, I know, see #1.
3. I have everyone’s presents done for Christmas. Um. Except Alex and Scout. Sigh. I have NO ideas …. If I had a million dollars … well, I have your love, so I would still not know what to buy – but I’d buy you lots of stuff.
4. I adore Christmas letters. Every year, Scout and I write THE best letter that anyone ever reads at Christmas time. There is no room for humble here, it’s the truth.
5. I usually make our Christmas cards, this year I didn’t. If I would have gone for that perfection the cards would have gone out the same time as the rest of the thank you’s from Alex being born. (Yeah, I suck.)
6. If I really wanted to lose my mind, I’d buy Scout a Basset Hound. I just haven’t drank enough to decide I’m okay with a dog in the house.
7. I have all of my grandma’s ornaments. I love them all. Even the ratty plastic old ones.
8. My other grandma has one of those silver aluminum trees with the spinny color disk that shoots lights on the tree.
9. If travel weren’t an issue, I’d want us to surprise friends on Christmas morning, they have big stuff planned for their kids, and I’d love to see it.
10. My mom collects Santas and keeps them up all year.
11. I want to knit Alex a Santa hat.
12. My favorite Christmas food is noodles. Homemade by Grandma.
bradley egel (not because I’m being a jerkoff, but because I want to know how this whole Christmas Hoopla affects my Jewish friends)