1. Use pictures/graphics in your posts.
2. Epson makes some cool stuff, and they paid for the conference and my food and my COFFEE – so they rule.
3. One2OneNetwork.com has some excellent hookups for bloggers to make some cash. I came straight home and filled out my app. And I want to be just like Barbara Jones. (after I got home, I also learned that the work “network” in that blog address is extremely important!)
4. One one of the panels, they talked about cleaning up your sidebars – the opinion was split – some wanted clean sidebars, some used sidebars as the place where everything goes to die. I’ve opted to work on cleaning mine up.
5. Make your blog attractive. Which has inspired me to start working on my template. Or a new template. Or begging/hiring someone to work on my template and some graphics. I know what I want, I just haven’t figured out how to get there.
6. Here’s a picture worth looking at:
Meet Jessie Baylin. She sings, she’s beautiful, she’s warm and approachable, and her music is so easy to listen to. I resist new music like nobody’s biz and I loved her from the first notes. Check her out here.
7. Lynn Terry is another person I could totally be when I grow up. She runs ClickNewz.com and is an inspiration to anyone feeling the blahs of life – and she’ll teach me how to make money. And we talked in the bathroom about how the babies at BlissDom were making our ovaries light themselves on fire.
So there’s the first lessons I brought home with me. I have a vision of a blog – my blog – now let’s see if I can get there 🙂
I need a new disclaimer: “anything I say in the bathroom cannot be tweeted, blogged… ” LOL 😆 j/k!
I really enjoyed meeting you at BlissDom, along with all of the other fabulously blissful women! My hope is for everyone to achieve LIFE SUCCESS (however you define that for yourself)… without having to take the most difficult route to get there. I pour my heart into my work, which is to help people do exactly that.
Great blog! Glad we met, and looking forward to following both here and on Twitter.
Lynn Terrys last blog post..BlissDom ?¢‚Ç¨Àú08 Recap: The Mommy Blogger
Blogger action makes me jealous. LOL. Glad you had fun!
Kylas last blog post..Let’s just pretend it is (wordless) Wednesday.
frogpondsrocks last blog post..Echidna adventures..
Nice article. Thanks. 🙂 Eugene
Glad you had a good time. I’ve always like the cleaner blogs (thus my simple two-column choices), but it is all personal choices – and your blog is easy to navigate, so no worries.
Nice to see some posts from you, BTW! 😀
RCs last blog post..I?¢‚Ç¨‚Ñ¢m back?¢‚Ç¨¬¶
You totally can
flutters last blog post..Off the deep end
It sounds like you’ve been up to fun things. Great feedback on sidebar stuff. I’m going to work on cleaning mine up, too.
Your little guy’s eyes really are amazing in that header picture.
JCKs last blog post..Wanting the best for your child is all consuming and never ending
Awesome. Thanks for the links here. I’m even more jealous that I didn’t go. =)
Kats last blog post..Alternate Universe
Man, you weren’t kidding. I’m reading your post. I hit “Comment” and the background changed! 😉
I’m so jealous of all of you that got to attend.
Rees last blog post..Travel Day
Good luck making your vision for your blog happen. 🙂
Kelli@GohnCrazys last blog post..Pants to wear outside the house
I’m going to have to check out the One2One. Thanks for sharing your insight. I love to learn from everyone. 🙂
Grandys last blog post..200th Post – Another Grandy-Ose Contest
Yay! So exciting! I’m headed to check out the new music now 🙂
I like the white background!!
MPs last blog post..What a strange Autumn we?¢‚Ç¨‚Ñ¢re having..
great wrap up!
vdogs last blog post..It All Started Out So Innocently…